- VR Hardware of the Year for the 2019 VR Awards
- Virtual Reality Game of the Year
- Virtual reality experience of the year 2019
- VR Awards 2019: best VR film of the year
- The marketing campaign of the year 2019
- VR Awards 2019: Rising Company of the Year for Virtual Reality
- Innovative Company of the Year for the VR Awards 2019
- Virtual reality educational product of the year
- Virtual reality health product for the VR Awards 2019
- Virtual reality out-of-home activity of the year
- VR applications that had an impact on the year
- VR Solution for Businesses of the Year
It is now a tradition. The VR Awards recognize materials, games, experiences, films, etc. of the year. Here are the finalists for this 2019 edition which will take place on November 11.
The rewards for the best virtual reality creations are already being prepared, even if the deadline is quite far away. The ceremony, which will take place on November 11 in London, has just presented the finalists. 12 categories have been defined and a prize will be awarded to each winner. Few differences with the categories present last year except the disappearance of the Architecture and Real Estate category in favor of VR solutions for businesses. Here is the list of nominees for each category. We also had fun writing to give you a forecast and risk proposing our favorite for each prize that will be awarded.
VR Hardware of the Year for the 2019 VR Awards
We find here different materials. Virtual reality headsets of course but also accessories such as a haptic combination designed for VR.
- Oculus Quest
- XTAL 5K HMD the VRgineers
- Oculus Rift S
- HTC Vive Pro Eye
- Teslasuit de VR Electronics
- HP Reverb
Our favorite is undoubtedly the Oculus Quest for its commercial success and its ability to mainstream VR.
Virtual Reality Game of the Year
The VR Awards have selected 13 virtual reality games that will compete for the award. Note the notable absence of Beat Saber, the game phenomenon.
- ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission du studio SIEE & ASOBI Team
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice VR Edition by Ninja Theory studio
- Shadow Point of the Coatsink studio
- Blood & Truth du studio Sony London Studio
- Vacation Simulator from the studio Owlchemy Labs
- Falcon Age du studio Outerloop Games
- Transpose from Secret Location studio
- Firewall Zero Hour du studio First Contact Entertainment
- CREED: Rise to Glory™ du studio Survios
- FREEDIVER: Triton Down du studio Archiact
- Angry Birds VR: Isle of Pigs du studio Resolution Games
- A Fisherman's Tale du studio Innerspace VR & ARTE France
- PROCESS: Enlightenment of the studio SignSine
We believe Astro Bot: Rescue Mission will win the award.
Virtual reality experience of the year 2019
The ceremony will also designate the best VR experience of the year. Here are the selected ones.
- Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series - Episode I de ILMxLAB & Oculus Studios
- Eleven Eleven by NBC Universal & Digital Domain
- Awake the StartVR
- Curfew: Join The Race de REWIND & SkyVR
- Where Thoughts Go de Lucas Rizzotto
- The Scream VR by Cinétévé Experience & Backlight Studio
Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series is well positioned to win the 2019 award.
VR Awards 2019: best VR film of the year
Among the short films released this year in virtual reality, the jury selected 9 candidates.
- Wolves in the Walls: It’s All Over des studios Fable Studio, Third Rail Projects & Oculus Story Studio
- the bOnd des studios Grammar Agency
- Crow: The Legend des studios Baobab Studios
- Cycles des studios Walt Disney Animation Studios
- The Great C des studios Secret Location & Electric Shepherd Productions
- Lucid des studios Breaking Fourth Limited
- Traveling While Black des studios Felix & Paul Studios
- Aripi des studios Simpals Studio
- Grenfell: Our Home des studios Parable, Channel 4 & 59 Productions
Walt Disney Studios Cycles remains our favorite for this year.
The marketing campaign of the year 2019
Here are the virtual reality marketing operations selected for the 2019 event.
- Oasis Pocket Adventure: The Infrunite Slide from Backlight, Orangina Suntory & Marcel
- Porsche “Hall of Legends” VR Experience of the company UDG Ludwigsburg, Nerdindustries & Porsche
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Tech Summit 2018 Qualcomm Technologies Company Invitations
- S 1000 RR VR from NUMENA & BMW
- Ledvizor VR-presentation space de l'entreprise Proektmarketing +1 & Ledvizor
- VR experience for Santos de Cartier launch of LR Studio & Cartier
- Lone Echo II: Trailer Experience de l’entreprise Ready At Dawn
- Ford 'WheelSwap' VR from Happy Finish, H + K Strategies & Ford
For us, Lone Echo II is the experience that will win.
VR Awards 2019: Rising Company of the Year for Virtual Reality
The jury nominated 9 companies that have distinguished themselves this year in the field of VR. Here are the elect.
- Maze Theory
- Fable Studio
Hologate is arguably the winner for the price.
Innovative Company of the Year for the VR Awards 2019
Here are the companies selected for the innovative company of the year award for virtual reality.
- Make Real
- Fundamental Surgery
- Amaze VR
- Spinview UK
- Emblematic group
- Ballast Technologies
- Avantis Systems
In our opinion, Make Real is in the best position to win the title.
Virtual reality educational product of the year
Ten products intended for education, training or learning have been nominated for the 2019 Awards.
- Breaking Boundaries in Science de Filament Games
- Working at Height de Vodafone & Make Real
- IsReality (Isbank) de Isbank
- Virtual Training Ship Simulation (VTS) de Orka Informatics
- Training: Replace low voltage fuses without life-threatening risks de Nanopixel & Eandis
- BODYSWAPS® de Somewhere Else
- ClassVR de Avantis Systems
- DHL: Gamification of the Cargo Loading VR Training Process de Immerse & DHL
- Exoplanet Explorers 2 de Engine House VFX
- Mighty Masters de MOYOSA Media
Our favorite for this edition is Exoplanet Explorers 2.
Virtual reality health product for the VR Awards 2019
The list of health innovations in virtual reality selected for the ceremony.
- GE Healthcare: Increasing training opportunities for radiographers through VR du groupe Immerse
- Oxford Medical Simulation of the Oxford Medical Simulation group
- Fundamental Surgery (FS) du groupe Fundamental Surgery
- Augmented Baseplate Shoulder Simulation & Patient Specific Planning du groupe Precision OS Technology
- Fear of Heights (clinical acrophobia) du groupe Oxford VR
- VR for Psychosis Research and Treatment du groupe Virtualware & King’s College London
The Oxford Medical simulation deserves the trophy, in our opinion.
Virtual reality out-of-home activity of the year
Here are the activities to be carried out outside of home for the year in virtual reality according to the jury of the 2019 Awards.
- Ralph Breaks VR de ILMxLAB & The VOID
- VRSlide de Ballast Technologies & Wiegand.Maelzer
- DIVR VR Golem
- Chained: A Victorian Nightmare de MWMi
- Curse of the Lost Pearl: A Magic Projector Adventure de Dreamscape Immersive
- FaBIOS Fantastic Fun Factory by Holocafe
- Sol Raiders of Zero Latency
- Arizona Sunshine LBVR de Vertigo Games & Jaywalkers Interactive
- TOYLAND : CRAZY MONKEY de Ymagis & Backlight Studio
- Beyond Medusa's Gate of Ubisoft Blue Byte
- HUXLEY 2 – THE ADVENTURE BEGINS de EXIT Adventures
- War Remains de Flight School Studio
Beyound Medusa's Gate looks in a good position to win.
VR applications that had an impact on the year
Applications with a social impact now have their category for these 2019 Awards. Here are the nominees.
- RSA CONSEQUENCES by BBDO DUBLIN
- X-Ray Fashion de Vulcan Productions
- Anne Frank House VR de Force Field Entertainment
- Dementia In My Hands / First Hand de Galactic
- CHILDREN DO NOT PLAY WAR de VILD Studio
- The 100% - Maggie's Story de Springbok Entertainment
- Ghost Fleet VR de Vulcan Productions
- Common Ground de East City Films
- Mercy de Artie
- The Right Choice – ICRC de Visualise, Don’t Panic & ICRC
We believe the Anne Frank bedroom experience will win the title.
VR Solution for Businesses of the Year
Finally, here are the best virtual reality solutions for business selected this year for the London ceremony.
- Lloyds Resilience & Vitality du groupe Make Real & Lloyds Banking Group
- MixCast VR Marketing System of the group VBlueprint Reality
- VR Collaboration from Autodesk Group - Autodesk VRED
- Athena from the Goodpatch group
- VIROO: Virtualware Immersive Room du Virtualware group
- VR Command Center of the Elara Systems group
Autodesk is our favorite for VR Solution of the Year.
We will obviously not fail to give you the names of the winners in all these categories at the ceremony which will take place in London on November 11th. As a reminder, you can find the list of VR Awards winners of the year 2018 in our special file on the results of the event.