- Presentation of the game
- Technical characteristics
- Star Wars: Squadrons offers satisfying single-player adventure
- Star Wars: Squadrons built for multiplayer
- Epic battle
- Multiplayer arena mode
- Star Wars Squadrons: easy navigation
- Star Wars: Squadrons, the diversity of its ships
- Immersion: a successful immersive experience
- Play in Star Wars: Squadrons in VR
- Good points
- Negative points
With Star Wars: Squadrons, EA Motive studio resuscitates the flame of X-Wing virtual piloting. Released on consoles and PC, this game includes a VR mode for PCVR and PSVR headsets.
Presentation of the game
had space combat with a first person view
On the other hand, immersion in virtual reality can almost be self-sufficient. Indeed, while we are sitting in a ship's cockpit, we begin to admire the interstellar scenery, space and its infinity of stars. The experience is soothing, until enemy ships begin bombarding us.
- Junior Backend Developer (Intern)
- Game type : Air combat in space (dogfights)
- Game modes : Single player, multiplayer campaign
- Solo lifetime : about 10 hours
- Language : dubbing and subtitles in French
- Compatible headsets : PC VR, PSVR headsets
Star Wars: Squadrons offers satisfying single-player adventure
a single player campaign spanning a prologue and 14 missionsin squadrons for the New Republic and for the Empire
Without being transcendent, the single player campaign does the job. However, it can be criticized for being a 10 hour long tutorial / training camp which prepares for the real game mode, ie multiplayer.
Star Wars: Squadrons built for multiplayer
two modes at launchDogfight
matches are relatively short
battles between the two fleets are longer
Destroy this flagship and the match is won
Multiplayer arena mode
Star Wars Squadrons: easy navigation
continuous reference point
tiny ship's front window
Although playable with mouse and keyboard, or with a controller, the ultimate in Star Wars: Squadrons experience is felt with a joystick. Indeed, the piloting of vessels requires a certain skill which is not really transcribed only with a HOTAS system. We then discover a neat gameplay that responds perfectly to the controls and shows a substantial depth. If there is one strong point in this game, it is at this level that it is found.
Star Wars: Squadrons, the diversity of its ships
four types of aircraft: fighter, interceptor, bomber and support vessel
not equipped with shields, but are faster
has access to X-wings, A-wings, Y-wings and U-wings
Immersion: a successful immersive experience
Play in Star Wars: Squadrons in VR
feeling of being really in the Star Wars universestory mode turns out to be a real highlight of the game
- VR for total immersion
- A multiplayer tailored for the e-sport scene ...
- No movement tracking in VR
gameplay : solo or multiplayer, the game allows you to experience an extraordinary space adventure.
Immersion VR : the virtual reality experience is remarkable.
Graphics : A visual enchantment although sometimes presenting somewhat poor textures.
Audio : A soundtrack worthy of the saga.( votes)